Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Merrily we steek along

I love stranded knitting.  Or any other charted knitting, for that matter (lace, cables...)

So over the past few months I've been working in a sweater for me. I started with this pattern:

Kauni Rainbow Cardigan, per pattern
...but of course I can't knit anything normally, so I tweaked it.  On the fly.  While I was knitting it.
I added a picot cast-on, converted it to V-neck, and inset the sleeves more.

Then I realized that I didn't know what the heck I was doing

The V-neck started too high, so I ripped it and put it to one side.  My cat claimed it as her bed for a few days. 

I wrestled it back from the cat and finished the body.

Do you know how much fun it is to freak out your coworkers?  Just pick up a pair of scissors and cut apart your knitting.  There were a few anguished NO!s, until I explained that I was supposed to cut it open.
I picked up the stitches for the sleeves and the button band:





And finally I completed the sweater:


I may go back and add toggles, but for now I like pinning it.

 

1 comment:

  1. That looks nice! I'd be scared to do all the on-the-fly work you do!

    ReplyDelete