Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Giving Thanks 1

It's so easy to get caught up in the drama around us: prima donnas throwing fits, Kim and Kanye's wedding favors, and whether Justin Bieber should go back to Canada...it can make your own life seem so, well, odd.

No one is chasing you for autographs.

No one cares if you complain about your coffee.

You can cry in public without people snapping your picture all over the web looking less than stunning.

If you lose a child, parent, or spouse no one expects you to release a press statement at one of your darkest hours baring your grief for public consumption.  You don't need a PR expert.

So I am giving thanks for the fact that I am not a celebrity.  That I don't live under a microscope.  That I. Can be me rather than what the "public" expects me to be.

It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment