Sunday, June 1, 2014

Visiting Knitting Heaven

Sick of a white baby sweater for a friend (yes, it is washable) and a white lacey bolero for my mom and suffering from something akin to Snow Blindness I took myself off to heaven?

Also  known as my largest and bestest LYS.  Okay, I'm not from New England, so unlike a lot of my neighbors my local area des extend further than a 10 mile radius.  I'd seen a pattern for a blanket,

Mountain Laurel Counterpane Blanket by Kim Brody Salazar.

Lovely hexagons  of flowers and lace assembled into a rectangle.  If I bought a number of harmonious colors I could knit a motif when snow blindness struck.

 Cascade 220 Superwash and Plymouth Encore were both on sale for the last day of the 40th Anniversary Sale.  I loaded my sister and boon traveling buddy into a car and off we went.  I knew the largest selection of sale yarns are in the warehouse, so I went straight back there.


After about 2 hours of dithering I finally settled on bluish-greens and purples for the blanket.  And a kit for a gradient I'm not sure what:



That should cure the snow blindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment