Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A good day for a knitter

A little less than 2 years ago I saw a pattern on interweave knits. A stranded Cardigan knit back and forth. Now, lurking in color work, while doable, is boring so I decided, even though I wasn't using a pure animal fiber, that I'd knit it in the round, steek it, and take it fom there. I calculated the adjustments I needed to make and whipped up my steeled cloisonné Hackett. And forgot about it. I was not looking forward to today, so decided to wear some hand knit comfort. The morning started with an elegant co worker raving, she loved the colors and wondered where I had found it. Another person told her I'd made it. Throughout the day, people I barely knew stopped to admire it while the ones who knew me well kept checking the inside to see how I'd finished it. They all oohed and aaahed over the Czech glass button. You have to understand: the day was still difficult, but this made it bearable. It feels great to actually have you work admired. No one asked how much I'd spent on the yarn or suggested there were other ways to "waste my time".

No comments:

Post a Comment