Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Musings


I've been monitoring a board on cooking and knitting and I noticed that the moderator was looking for some help. I volunteered, since three things I love are knitting, cooking and eating.  We're looking for creative things to bring people onto the board.  More shared recipes.  More shared patterns.  That sort of thing.

The mod suggested food themed knit-alongs and I thought we could do something like dinner and a movie: you know, dinner and a hand knit potholder, dinner and a dish cloth, dinner and an apron.

I have one burning question: how do I keep the food from getting all over the cashmere? Oh, and can we call tomato stains dyeing with natural pigments?

This may go someplace: I never could get the berry stains out of my white jeans...would yarn treated with, say, a combination of raspberry juice and blueberry juice sell, or would I need to have it as part of a high fiber diet? cooked a la pasta?

Perhaps a more profitable line of thought would be food based amigurumi: knit eggplants, carrots, asparagus...

I'll stop now before I make a bigger fool of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment