Monday, February 20, 2012

the things knitters carry in their knitting bags

Like most yarnies I know, on any given day I'm carrying at least one project.   Also like a number of my brethren and sisteren (see, Peter, Terry and Dan, I mentioned you) I have a number of bags of differing sizes. 

I like colorful bags.   Most of them are Vera Bradley bags I got used (some barely used) and a couple are by Laurel Burch.  Because every knitter needs a kit, I have a little make up case I move from project to project.  In that I have:
- at least 3 cable needles (in my case size 3 or 5 dpns
- at least 2 different sized crochet hooks
- a tape measure
- a pad and pen
- more stitch markers than I care to admit to
- a power bar
- blue scissors shaped like a cat (bryspun)  http://www.brysonknits.com/Bryson%20Dist/Scissor-Display-Cat.jpg
- a nautilus shaped needle sizer http://carolinahomespun.com/miva/graphics/00000001/DGneedlegaugeMetric.jpeg
- tons of chibi needles
- the occasional earring I took off because it hurt my ear
That's the basic list.  But sometimes I find the most unusual things in my knitting bag. This one greeted me the other day!    
Vera Wang.  Wearing Vera Bradley.  And I had no idea she was there until I reached in to get my cabled cape.  Doesn't she look smug?

No comments:

Post a Comment